Do you know the best ways to care for your smile with dental hygiene between visits to our practice? Do you find that you generally show up to your checkups and receive a clean bill of health for your smile? Or, do you think you may be overlooking some important factors and you’re certainly no stranger to cavities? To help keep you headed in the right direction with your attention to your oral health (and to ensure you can keep smiling and feeling confident about your teeth and gums), we offer a quick quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Dental hygiene requires you to brush your teeth at least three times a day if you want your smile to remain healthy.
- True or False: Caring for your smile means focusing on your teeth. Your gums will end up healthy by default.
- True or False: The only problem you can end up with if you neglect your oral hygiene is a cavity. As a result, it’s not something to feel overly concerned about.
- False. Optimal dental hygiene simply requires you to brush your teeth two times every day. The sessions should last about two minutes apiece and should occur in the morning and again before bed.
- False. You need to focus on keeping your entire mouth clean, which means brushing as suggested, flossing once a day, and brushing your tongue, too!
- False. Ignoring your hygiene can lead to disastrous results, including cavities, infections, abscessed teeth, tooth loss, gingivitis, periodontitis, and more. It is certainly necessary to maintain proper care.
Protect Your Smile With Successful Dental Hygiene
Remember to keep up with the correct approach to dental hygiene (and to ask us questions if you’re unsure), so you maintain healthy teeth and gums. If you’re ready to learn about your candidacy for dental implants, contact our practice in Frisco, TX today. Schedule a visit by calling Prisma Dental at (972) 668-7398.
Call Us Today!